Now Hiring: Project Engineer
At O’Shea Builders, our passion for building comes from within. Whether it’s constructing spaces perfectly suited for healing, teaching students, or serving customers, we are driven to help our clients accomplish extraordinary things. But that only happens because we are committed first to building an extraordinary team of professionals. Working at O’Shea means that you have the opportunity to be part of a highly skilled group of people who are sincerely committed to professional excellence, client service, and a whole lot of fun.
We are seeking a motivated Project Engineer to assist Project Managers on various types of commercial construction projects, including: General Contracting, Construction Management, Design Build, Civil, and Building Maintenance Services. The Project Engineer supports the Project Managers in building effective relationships with team members, internal and external customers, suppliers, and subcontractors. This person consistently supports and upholds the O’Shea Way Culture, Processes, and Values.
What You'll Do
- Review project plans and proposals, develop project objectives, and identify project responsibilities by determining the phases and elements of the project, calculating time frames, and sequencing the stages of the project.
- Determine project specifications, customer requirements, cost estimates and performance standards.
- Participate in bid assignments.
- Schedule and coordinate of contractors.
- Conduct initial physical layout and periodic site audits assuring adherence to project specifications and quality standards.
- Purchase and schedule various contracts and materials.
- Manage trade personnel.
- Allocate project resources appropriately; reviewing and distributing RFIs and change orders.
- Keep an accurate record and electronic database of all elements of the projects.
- Present procedures, rules, and regulations to those involved in the project; maintaining a safe, clean, and productive environment through enforcing procedures.
What We’re Looking for in You
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and a positive attitude at all times.
- Ability to develop and maintain schedules.
- Ability to read and interpret construction specifications and plans.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Familiar with the following software programs: Spectrum, Bluebeam, Suretrack, Dropbox, Goodreader.
- Available for short-term travel as needed.
- Ability to get along with different personalities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineer, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- New college graduates welcome. Some experience preferred, but not required.
How You’ll Grow
- A professional development plan will help you identify specific goals that you want to achieve as a construction professional.
- Access to technical as well as management and leadership programs offered through O’Shea University.
- Connection to a network of peers, colleagues, and coworkers as equally motivated as you.
- Opportunity to learn directly from experts in the commercial construction field.
- Interesting, hands-on responsibilities.
What You'll Get
- A Lively Culture: Volleyball, Basketball, and Ping Pong games, in the O’Shea “Sports Arena,” access to our well-equipped fitness center and on-site personal trainer, the annual “O’Shea Outrageous Games,” which you just have to experience, and more.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday.”
- Encouraging Environment: You’ll grow and learn in a supportive atmosphere.
- Competitive Wage: We attract the best and we pay them well.
- Convenience: Located on Springfield’s west side near shopping and the Interurban Bike Trail.